Matter is anything that take up space. For example planets, animals, rocks, dirt, plants, tennis balls, silver and gold all have matter.
- Properties of matter are physical and chemical properties. Some examples of physical properties are stuff like color, size, texture, if it is magnetic, shape, if it has electricity, and if it has luster. Chemical properties could be like if its rusted or if it can burn and is it flammable.
- How to measure matter by length. It is measured in ways like meter, foot, ruler measuring stick, cm , metric units, length, and height.
- How to measure matter by its mass and weight is by finding how much matter is in an object ( mass ) and how gravity acts on the mass ( weight ).
- How to measure matter by volume is by telling the amount of space something is taking up.
- how to measure the density in matter is by telling the amount of mass in each cubic centimeter.